Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Abuse

So I’m in BJ’s the other day, strolling through the aisles, thinking, it’s only me how much pasta can I buy? Never the less, I did pick up a few things.  As I’m sipping on my free sample of the new Welch’s fruit punch, being demonstrated by Mrs. Lovely Juanita, I hear a baby crying, a mother yelling and an element of friction I cannot shake.  As I turn, I see a mother pulling her child out of the shopping cart and his leg is caught on the strap.  I yell out, “his leg, his leg, be careful with his leg!”.  She turns vehemently with her beady eyes and yells, "I KNOW, mind your own business!" I said, “You’re a little rough”. She now begins to scream at the top of her lungs telling me how f&$%$@% annoying I am, and to shut up.  In a very calm voice I said, “You are still too rough”.  Now, the husband begins to chime in, and starts telling me at the top of his lungs to call the cops, all in front of these two babies.  I just stood there and said nothing. Now, people started to stop and watch these parents behave like wild animals in the street, scavenging, defending a position they knew nothing about. “Mind your own business!" she yells out.  "When you mistreat your child", I responded, "it becomes everybody's business!”
What would you have done?

No comments:

Post a Comment